Un- Grateful

Today i read one of the most motivating books I've read in a while, thanks to utter and sheer boredom of course, i think it was boredom well spent.
I was about how a 2time college drop out decided to finally make something of himself and now earns at least 5million a month without even a degree, sounds boring but i was in that mode so what can i say.
I was half way through the book when i stood up and decided to get a bottle of water, on my way to the supermarket i heard someone call out my name,as i turned i saw a girl approach towards me with a huge smile, she seemed really happy to see me but i couldn't really make out who she was in  the first 10 seconds, then i finally remembered.
Yetunde and I were class mates in secondary school, she was all smiles as she kept on complimenting me on how good i looked and how big i've gotten, suddenly i saw her smile begin to fade. Then she told me she came to my school to inquire about the admission requirements *Admission!!*. i was dumbfounded but i couldn't show it, she was in dismay because she had been turned down because she had failed to put my school in her jamb form and it was now a pre-requisite for admission, i tried my best to console her and also hide my shock.
As the conversation continued i began to feel very ungrateful towards my life , here i was graduating in the next 3 weeks and still complaining of how i felt my life was such a drab and there she was, someone who was supposed to be in the same level with me, had wasted 4 years and due to her recent discovery another extra year doing nothing at home, if anyone was supposed to be drowning in depression it was her and definately not me.
I believe her life may not turn out half bad, the wasted years could be a minor setback , but i couldnt help but wonder how she felt, the book i was so engorssed in earlier explained how he dropped out of school twice, in his first school he was advised to withraw in his penultimate year, and the other he left out of depression, and just merely two years after became a success, but i realized that not everyone can have a Bill Gates, or Mark Zuckerberg story.
I havent been grateful enough, take most of the things in my life for granted, im never satisifed, nothing is ever good enough, i get depressed for no good reason, though i havent achieved anything great, Yet! there is someone , somewhere who has worse problems.
She pasted a plastic smile on her face as she wished my well, at that point i felt really bad, all i could tell her was she shouldnt worry, that sometimes God alters the course of your life to give you a cause in life, dont where it came from (by the way,), she hugged me smiled and bid my farewell,
I just pray she finds her cause soon, and i became a little bit more grateful today, so i guess today was a great day :)

Comments

Popular Posts