Fake Loyalties

Have gotten to a crucial point in my life where if its not relevant enough it needs to be dropped
Friends, acquaintances, enemies, foes... don't really care any more
You only know the people who love you when your life takes a Chaotic turn
I can gladly say I had an epiphany.
Regardless, Adversity creates unexpected alliances
Loyalty formed in apprehension and mistrust could be a bit confusing
Because they are easily broken when held up to the unforgiven light of the truth
And needless to say the truth always comes out
But in the darkest of my most desperate hours
Where the light seems so far away
Its often these forged loyalties that give me the strength to do what has to be done
"So called" fake loyalties that give me the reason i seek for desperately
My conflicted heart feeds on doubt and confusion
It has made me question, my existence, my path even my motives
As i stare ahead and sheer darkness is all i see
Only Reason and determination can pull me away from abyss
At this point i know: I have no one else to please on this earth but ME.......

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts